Professor Jan Dickinson and Dr Scott White are RANZCOG certified subspecialists in maternal-fetal medicine with advanced training in high-risk obstetric practice. Both have consultant MFM positions at King Edward Memorial Hospital, in addition to their ultrasound sessions at Western Ultrasound for Women.
They both have established expertise in assessing and managing:
- All aspects of obstetric ultrasound
- Complicated singleton pregnancies (eg intrauterine growth restriction, abnormalities of amniotic fluid volume, abnormal placental invasion)
- Multiple pregnancies, with a special interest in monochorionic twinning
- Preterm birth prediction (e.g. cervical length assessment, ultrasound review of cervical cerclage)
- Fetal structural malformations and genetic syndromes; encompassing diagnosis, counselling and management options
- Non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) and management of abnormal/uncertain results
- All aspects of fetal invasive testing (eg. CVS, amniocentesis)
Jan and Scott work collaboratively and can arrange transfer of care in complicated obstetric cases to the state tertiary obstetric hospital King Edward Memorial Hospital, if the clinical situation indicates this to be necessary.
They welcome contact from medical practitioners regarding specific patient care or advice.